Appendix 2: Sample Technology Vision Statement
Courtesy of Montana Office of Public Instruction
Vision statements for technology integration express the fundamental beliefs that guide a district in their efforts to infuse technology into the instructional and administrative programs. Belief statements might include thoughts such as:
- Technology is a tool to improve student motivation and learning.
- Classroom teachers will become guides directing students in learning activities rather than being the conveyors of facts and information.
- Technology will benefit students in the following ways:
- They will have greater control over their own learning,
- They will be able to adapt to our rapidly changing society, and
- They will be able to create, access, exchange, and analyze information readily from electronic sources.
- Technology supports learning by:
- Serving as a toll for teaching and learning,
- Accommodating different curriculum needs,
- Accommodating different learning styles, and
- Providing access to information.
Sample elements of a vision statement might include:
- All students in a school district will be able to access and effectively use any information needed to function as a productive member of the 21st century society.
- Teachers in the district will be able to use state-of-the-art technologies to prepare and deliver their lessons.